About Roulette -
Roulette Game Rules
by Adel Awwad
Roulette is the quintessential casino game that makes players feel like they're in the big leagues, and fortunately, it's a game that everyone can play because it's easy to learn, easy to bet, and the odds make it relatively easy to win with no real skill required.
The Roulette table is laid out into two betting areas. The inside part of the layout includes 3 columns of numbers starting with 0 and 00. The outside betting area has colors (black/red), odd/even and different groups of numbers that you can bet on for a lower risk betting option at the Roulette table. In order to bet, players must purchase special Roulette chips when they sit down at the table to play; each player's chips are a different color so there is no confusion on who placed bets on what when it comes time to divide up the winnings. In Roulette, every table has a minimum bet which must be placed on the inside section or outside section of the table, it can't be split. For example, if you want to bet $5 which is the table minimum, $5 must be bet on the inside table and/or $5 must be bet on the outside table; $3 can't be placed for betting on the inside table while $2 is placed on the outside.
Once all bets have been placed at the Roulette table, the Roulette wheel is spun so the ball lands on one number from 0-36 listed with alternative colors to determine winnings. If you're interested in playing Roulette, but aren't sure which bets you should place, here are some details about betting on both the inside and outside of the Roulette Table:
- Straight Up bet is a wager on a single number. It pays 35 to 1.
- Split Bet is a wager on two numbers and it pays 17 to 1. You make this bet by placing your chip so it straddles the line between any two numbers.
- Street bets or line bet is made by placing your chip on the vertical line separating the outside and inside betting areas. It pays 11 to 1.
- Corner bet or Quad bet is made by placing a chip so it is touching the four corners of the numbers you are betting. A corner bet pays 8 to 1.
- Basket bet is a five number bet on zero - double zero and numbers-1-2-3 which pays 6 to 1. On the double zero wheel it has a house edge of 7.89 percent making it the worst bet in Roulette.
- Double Street bet is a wager on six numbers and pays 5 to 1. You place your chip on the line separating the outside and inside area as you do for the street bet but let it also straddles the row above or below.
- Red Black Odd and Even are all even money bets. You place your chips in the boxes on the layout.
- Dozens bet are made on the 12 consecutive numbers. You place your wager in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. These bets pay 2 to 1. If the zero or double zero comes up you lose.
- Column bets are also 12 number bets. Instead of 12 consecutive numbers they consist of the numbers in one of the three vertical columns and are made in the boxes at the bottom of the layout. These bets pay 2 to 1 as well.
Roulette is a fun game and it's easy to play, at least once you get a grasp of the type of bets you can make and how to place them at the Roulette table; but by following the above rules and strategies, you too can feel like a high-roller at any casino by playing Roulette!
Attention Webmasters: If you would like to add this article to your site, then please include the following link back to this site: (This article is the property of Fire Casinos)