I was walking down the street the other day when I saw my buddy Matt.
I walked up to him and mentioned that I had the most bizarre dream the night before last.
Matt listened intently as I told him that the dream consisted of one thing and one thing only. So I told him that all I had dreamt about was a huge glowing number "5." It was made of gold and sparkled with diamonds.
Matt's curiosity was peaked. I went on to say that the first thing that I did in the morning was to grab the daily racing digest and look up the fifth race.
Matt raised an eyebrow. So I told him that the #5 horse in the fifth race was named "The Fifth Element."
Matt started grinning. Then I told Matt point-by-point what I did that day.
- I ate five bowls of cereal for breakfast and drank five cups of coffee
- I went for a five mile jog to clear my head
- I took a five minute shower
- I dressed in the fifth suit I found in my closet
- I sat in my car for five minutes before starting it up
- I drove to the racetrack and parked in the fifth stall in the fifth row
- I entered through the fifth admissions gate
- I bought five programs
- I went to the fifth betting window and bet $555 on the fifth horse in the fifth race
- I went and sat in the fifth row of the bleachers making sure there were five people sitting on either side of me.
I settled in and waited for the race to start. "Well," said Matt. "Did the horse win?"
I frowned at Matt and said, "Stupid horse came in fifth."